Xornin Lae Guran is a character that appears in the Planet Teral storyline of Sea of Stars: The Grand Odyssey.
Xornin was a tall Teralian with long silver hair and sharp green eyes. He would often wear a hooded robe that was meant to only be worn by the leaders of the Guran Clan. He would also often be seen with a staff with a red gem that he would use to cast spells.
Xornin was a kind man who sympathized with his people and family. He would often spend time in the lower ranking sections of the continent so that he could find ways to improve the lives of those living under the Guran Clan's protection. He loved and cared for his family deeply, however he held his job in a higher position of importance as he took his job very seriously and he would often leave his family to do his work without hesitation.
Xornin was also a very intelligent man, knowing many different spells and magic techniques and used his intelligence to help others. After Shal-Ende entered into Xornin's mind he was affected greatly as he was in a constant state of paranoia, was easily frightened, and was always seen panicking. Before his death he had managed to calm down and accepted his fate and tried to cherish what little time he had left with his family.
Xornin was the leader of an ancient clan known as the Guran Clan that was located on the planet of Teral. Xornin was born as the son of the leader of the Guran Clan, a large clan that had control of most of the planet, and soon inherited the position after his father's passing. He soon met a low level woman named Xeena when inspecting the poor and lower ranking sections of the continent that the Guran Clan resided on. It was eventually detected that there was a large meteor heading straight towards the continent and it's impact point was the low ranked section Xeena was living in. Xornin took off and flew towards the meteor and used all of his energy to cause a massive explosion that would destroy the meteor at the price of his life. He succeeds in destroying the meteor but manages to survive and is taken care of by Xeena. He soon married Xeena and they had 2 children, Xadol and Xelk.
Seeing his sons' potential in battle and strength Xornin sent his sons out of the country at the age of 17 to train and fight in the ongoing war between the Guran Clan and the remaining continents that refused to unite with them. He and Xeena soon had another child, Xaya, who would spend most of her childhood being taught by her father many virtues and values that the Guran Clan held. Xornin cared deeply for his children but still held his pride of being the leader above them and would often leave them when he was needed for anything by the Guran Council.
"Truth" About Humanity
Xornin while searching a mysterious meteorite that had crashed into the continent reawakened the demon Shal-Ende who then forced himself into his mind poisoning his brain into seeing all of the sins of mankind slowly persuading him that humanity was doomed to destroy itself. Attempting to prevent any of the events in his visions from happening he set up a planet wide alchemy experiment in which a pheromone would released into the atmosphere clearing any evil thoughts out of the minds of everyone on the planet. This plan fails as while the experiment was in the process of being cast, the ongoing war between the Guran Clan and the last continent that released their secret weapon, an alchemy spell that would infect everyone on the planet with an incurable sickness if they were at risk of losing the war.
After this counterattack was released the population of all the people living on the planet began to decrease as the illness killed them all quickly, first killing off the citizens living in the lower ranking section, then all of the higher ranking sections, then the Guran Council members, and soon eventually the Guran Royal Family, starting with Xadol, then Xeena, and finally Xelk leaving the only surviving members of the Guran Clan himself and Xaya. Before his inevitable death he implanted into her mind the plan that she would be forced to take the responsibility to destroy the planet of Teral every 200 years to create a new Teral in an endless cycle as the people of the planet would always become corrupt and that the only way to rebalance everything was to destroy everything and start anew. As he died he used all his remaining life force to imbue Xaya with the magic that would allow her to live forever and have eternal youth as well as inheriting all of his magic skills.
After dying Shal-Ende left Xornin's body and entered into Xaya's mind linking their lives so that if he were to die she would perish as well.
Xornin cared and deeply loved his family, however due to his high position of being the leader of the Guran Clan he put his work before them, often leaving his family without saying goodbye or giving any warning when he had work to do. When not working he would often spend time with his family.
After traveling to one of the lower ranking sections of the continent where the Guran Clan was located Xornin met a peasant woman named Xeena. After spending time with her inspecting and checking the condition of the region he slowly fell in love with her and soon eventually married her before they returned to his home.
Soon after marrying Xeena Xornin had 2 sons Xadol and Xelk. Although he cared deeply for his children he did not have much time to spend with them so they did not see him often. After returning from his duties one day he noticed the potential that his children had for battle and sent them out of the continent to train and eventually join the ongoing war between the Guran Clan and the resisting continents.
Xeena gave birth to Xaya while Xornin was out of the continent so she never got to meet her father until she was 3 years old. Although she never got to see him often and whenever they did see each other all he did was teach her the virtues and values of the Guran Clan she still loved her father and would cherish their time together. After the last remaining resisting continent released their counterattack which killed nearly everyone on the planet her father soon also died, but not before he implanted into her mind the plan that she would be forced to take the responsibility to destroy the planet of Teral every 200 years to create a new Teral in an endless cycle as the people of the planet would always become corrupt and that the only way to rebalance everything was to destroy everything and start anew. As he died he used all his remaining life force to imbue Xaya with the magic that would allow her to live forever and have eternal youth as well as inheriting all of his magic skills. After dying Shal-Ende left Xornin's body and entered into Xaya's mind linking their lives.
After investigating a meteor that had crashed into the continent a demon known as Shal-Ende reawakened and forced itself into Xornin's mind poisoning his brain so that he saw all of the sins of mankind slowly persuading him that humanity was doomed to destroy itself. From that day onward Shal-Ende would haunt Xornin causing his health to deteriorate quickly. After Xornin's plan to save the planet's people from destroying themselves failed and all the people on the planet began to die Shal-Ende began to detrimentally affect Xornin's health. After Xornin's death Shal-Ende left his body and entered into Xaya's mind linking their lives.
Powers and Abilities
Xornin has a very high intelligence and knew many spells and magic techniques. He often used them to help people rather than harm, although he did not hesitate to use them in combat if someone's life was in danger.
- Flight: Xornin can levitate off of the ground and fly.
- Plant Growth Acceleration: Xornin speeds up the growth rate of plants by 5 times. Xornin uses this to grow crops at a faster rate to feed the poor and to grow trees. He taught this ability to his daughter Xaya.
- Seal: Xornin can seal any opening and close it, including open wounds, earthquake damaged grounds, and holes.
- Pain Killer: Xornin can nullify the feeling of pain. He normally uses this when treating injured people.
- Spectral Image: Xornin can conjure up an image of any living organism. These images have the ability to speak whatever Xornin wants them to say.
- Warming Sun: Xornin creates a small ball of hot gas that he can use to warm or light up an area.
- Scorching Sun: Xornin creates a larger sized ball of hot gas that he uses to make enemies pass out from heat strokes.
- Explode V3: Xornin shoots out explosions by shooting at an area with his staff.
- Atmos Quake V3: Xornin causes ripples of wind to slice opponents and cause their internal organs to vibrate violently out of place after swinging his staff towards the enemy.
- Guran Barrier: Xornin surrounds himself or others with a barrier of jade energy with the Guran Clan Symbol on it that can block oncoming attacks.
- Guran Blade: Xornin forms a sword out of condensed energy that comes from his right hand.
- Guran Hope: Xornin gathers up all of the energy within his body and expels it in a massive explosion of jade energy that could be seen from all part of the Guran Continent. Although this was his strongest technique it would leave his body devastated and he would have been exhausted to the point of being on the verge of death.
- Xornin's design was initially based off the character Ciarius from the game Ys Seven.
- Xornin's jade aura and energy represents his job to promote wisdom, balance, and peace to his people.
- Xornin's attack Guran Hope is similar to the attack Final Explosion used by Vegeta from Dragon Ball.